· Age as of 9/1/2017; registration is open to those who meet the age determination date.
AGE GROUP BREAKDOWN
· 13/14 & 15/18
· Age groups may be combined after the close of registration in order to field a sufficient number of teams.
· Players who are currently playing on a high school team (freshman, junior varsity, or varsity) can not participate in practices or games until their high school season is complete, including play-off games. This is in compliance with LHSAA. If this policy is violated, their high school may have to forfeit all games where the student was included on the roster.
· Any player who is 18 years old will have to come into the office to register with an ID and school ID showing they are currently enrolled at a high school.
REGISTRATION COST: $87 District ($137 Non-District)
· Reversible jersey provided. Players provide their own shorts.
· Evaluations will be held this season. It is highly recommended that each participant attend evaluations. This enables us to evenly distribute teams as best possible. Any player that does not evaluate will have a 14 point cap per game and will not be allowed to be a pool player. If your child is playing for a High School please read the section below the evaluation schedule
Age 13 / 14 year old
Thursday: 1/18/18 Check in – 5:45-6:00 p.m. White 1 & 2 Gym Starts promptly at 5:45 p.m.
Saturday 1/20/18 Check in – 9:00 – 9:15 a.m. White 1 & 2 Gym Starts promptly at 9:00 a.m.
Age 15 /18 year old
Thursday: 1/18/18 Check in – 6:45 -7:00 p.m. White 1 & 2 Gym Starts promptly at 7:00 p.m.
Saturday: 1/20/18 Check in – 10:15-10:30 a.m. White 1 & 2 Gym Starts promptly at 10:30 a.m.
The evaluation may take up to 15 min to 1 hour to complete (depends on number of players that attend)
FOR PLAYERS PLAYING ON A HIGH SCHOOL TEAM, PLEASE READ BELOW
· If your child plays basketball for any high school they are NOT allowed to evaluate by Louisiana High School Association rules. Pelican Park recognizes this and does not want to put your child or his school in jeopardy of violating this rule.
· If your child plays on a high school basketball team we will make an exception to the playing cap rule ONLY if the Park receives verification that he is in fact on a high school team. This needs to be in the form a letter by the head coach of the high school basketball team stating that he is in fact on a high school team. Verification must be received by Tuesday, January 23rd by 6:00pm. This letter can be faxed to 985-626-9028 or the letter can be dropped off to the Park office.
· The basketball draft will held on January 24th - 25th.
· Requests for placement on a particular team or for a particular coach are not accepted.
· Pre-season practices are scheduled to begin January 29th.
· One regular season practice per week is scheduled.
· Practice days/times are determined after the end of registration.
· Games will begin on Saturday, February 17th
· 10 game season with a single elimination tournament tentatively starting week of March 24th.
· One game will be played during the week and one on the weekend. Game days are determined after registration ends. Please note that weekend games may include Sundays.
· 1st & 2nd place season t-shirts; 1st & 2nd place tournament t-shirts