REGISTRATION FOR 2017 OLDER BOYS SPRING BASKETBALL AGES 13-17 IS NOW CLOSED. TO BE PLACED ON A WAITING LIST PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE AT 985-626-7997
MONDAY - THURSDAY 8AM - 6PM AND FRIDAY 8AM - 5PM.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
AGE DETERMINATION DATE
· Age as of 9/1/2016
· Registration is open to those who meet the age determination date.
AGE GROUP BREAKDOWN
· 13, 14, 15, 16, & 17
· Age groups may be combined after the close of registration in order to field a sufficient number of teams.
· Players who are currently playing on a high school team (freshmen, junior varsity, or varsity) can not participate in practices or games until their high school season is complete, including play-off games. This is in compliance with LHSAA. If this policy is violated, their high school may have to forfeit all games where the student was included on the roster.
· Reversible jersey provided. Players provide their own shorts.
· In-District: $85.00 Non-District: $135.00
· It is highly recommended that each participant attend evaluations. This enables us to evenly distribute teams as best possible. Any player that does not evaluate will have a 14 point cap per game and will not be allowed to be a pool player. If your child is playing for a High School please read the section below the evaluation schedule:
Age 13 /14
Thursday, January 19th Check in–5:30-5:45pm White 1 & 2 Gym Starts romptly at 5:30pm
Monday, January 23rd Check in–5:30-5:45pm White 1 & 2 Gym Starts promptly at 5:30pm
Thursday, January 19th Check in–6:30-6:45pm White 1 & 2 Gym Starts promptly at 6:30pm
Monday, January 23rd Check in – 6:30-6:45pm White 1 & 2 Gym Starts promptly at 6:30pm
The evaluation may take up to 30 min to 1 hour to complete
FOR PLAYERS PLAYING ON A HIGH SCHOOL TEAM, PLEASE READ BELOW:
· If your child plays basketball for any high school they are NOT allowed to evaluate by Louisiana High School Association rules. Pelican Park recognizes this and does not want to put your child or his school in jeopardy of violating this rule.
· The basketball draft will be January 26th. (players do not attend only head coaches)
· Requests for placement on a particular team or for a particular coach are not accepted.
· Pre-season practices are scheduled to begin January 28th.
· One regular season practice per week is scheduled.
· Practice days/times are determined after the end of registration.
· Games will begin on Saturday, February 11th
· 10 game season with a single elimination tournament.
· No games February 25th – March 3rd (Mardi Gras break)
· One game will be played during the week and one on the weekend. Game days are determined after registration ends. Please note that weekend games may include Sundays.
· 1st & 2nd place season t-shirts.
· 1st & 2nd place tournament t-shirts.
· Participation t-shirts will be awarded to every registrant.