Daily 7AM – 9PM
The Pelican Bark Park is closed for maintenance and flea prevention every first Wednesday of the month and every Tuesday and Friday from 10AM – 12PM for grass cutting.
The Pelican Park Bark Park opened in May 2010 thanks to the ground roots efforts by volunteers who raised money to make the park possible. While the District’s Board of Commissioners designated the four acre tract for the park and staffing to construct the park, the funds raised by volunteers paid for fencing, water fountains, benches, signage, a gazebo and pools. Benches were built and donated by Ethan Mayfield as his Eagle Scout project. In the summer of 2012, lighting was installed to allow the public to use the park in the evenings.
- Dogs must be healthy, collared with ID tags and up-to-date on vaccinations.
- No dogs in heat or puppies under four months of age allowed in the park.
- No more than 2 dogs per adult.
- Dogs must be on a leash while outside the fenced area. Dogs must be off-leash while inside the fenced area.
- Owners must immediately clean up after their dog(s) and properly dispose of waste. Plastic bags and garbage cans are available on the premises.
- Owners must remove any pinch, prong, spiked or choke collar before entering the fenced area.
- Owners must be within visual sight and voice control of their dogs at all times. No dog shall be left unattended by its owner.
- Owners must have possession of dog leash at all times.
- Owners must be 17 years of age or older.
- Children under 12 years of age must be under strict adult supervision – no running, no chasing or petting dogs without the owner’s permission.
- No strollers, bicycles, skateboards, etc. are allowed in the off-leash area. Wheelchairs are allowed.
- Professional dog trainers are not permitted to use this facility to conduct business.
- No digging is allowed. Owner is responsible for filling holes as needed.
- No smoking or alcoholic beverages are allowed.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted. If aggression occurs, the dog must leave the park.
- Food and glass bottles are not permitted.
ALL USERS WAIVE LIABILITY TO RECREATION DISTRICT #1 FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE THAT OCCURS AT BARK PARK. OWNERS ARE SOLELY LIABLE FOR INJURIES OR DAMAGES CAUSED BY THEIR DOG(S).
ALL DISTRICT POLICIES AS TO NO PROMOTION, SELLING, CONDUCTING BUSINESS, ETC. APPLY TO THIS AREA.
IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE PLEASE CALL 985-966-6645.
PRETTY ACRES DOG PARK IN COVINGTON, LA
Driving Directions: Pretty Acres Park is located in Covington off of Highway 190. At the stop light, turn off of Highway 190 east onto Park Place Drive which runs between Pier 1 Imports and Goodwill going toward Home Depot. Park Place Drive turns into Andrew drive are veers right at the entrance of a condo complex. Pretty Acres Park is located on the left side after taking the right turn.