Full-Time and Part-Time Positions Available
Benefits (Full-Time Personnel Only):
- Retirement Plan With Employer Contributions
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employer-paid medical, dental, life, short & long term disability insurance.
(Download and Print an Employment Application below)
Current Job Openings:
To apply for one of the following jobs, please fax your resume to 985-626-9028 or send resume or employment application to 63350 Pelican Drive, Mandeville, LA 70448.Full Time Positions:
- Labor Maintenance
(see details on these postions below)
LABOR MAINTENANCE (full time)
Recreation District #1/Pelican Park, which is a public agency, is seeking to fill openings for Labor Maintenance. This position offers 40 hrs. per week and does involve some overtime and weekend work. This position offers great benefits such as paid health /dental insurance, retirement, vacation and sick leave. Starting salary is $11.50 per hour. This is an outdoor position that does include working in all weather conditions, such as rain, snow and heat.
Job duties include:
- Maintaining and prepping sports fields and facilities
- Mowing and weed eating
- Picking up trash
- Maintain green areas
- Performing janitorial duties
- Assist in repairs and preventative maintenance to facilities and fields
- Assist in irrigation, sod repairs and small construction projects, etc.
- Must be able to pass physical, drug screen, background check, and capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Description is not all inclusive of all duties.
Part Time Positions:
Pelican Park Facility Staff, Starting $8.80/hour
- This staff works in the park in the evenings and on weekends preparing for practices and games, turning on lights, attending to restrooms, some field set up, meeting the public, answering questions and problem solving. This position works outside the majority of the time and requires the ability to be able to lift 50lbs. Communicates with other staff and management on a two way radio and takes public calls via phone. Also requires the ability to communicate in written form. Flexible hours.
Castine Center Event Staff, Starting $8.80/hour
- Staff works in the Castine Center to maintain all areas of the facility in "show condition" at all times including before, during and after events. Duties include but are not limited to cleaning restrooms, removing trash from all areas of the building, cleaning and setting up tables and/or chairs, vacuuming, mopping and cleaning interior/exterior windows. Position requires the ability to lift 50lbs, communicate with other staff and management via two-way radio and communicate verbally with rental groups. This is a part time position with the majority of scheduled hours on evenings and/or weekends.
- Concession Workers, Starting $7.25/hour
- Batting Cages Staff, Starting $7.50/hour
Please apply at the Pelican Park office inside the Castine Center.
Office Hours: Monday - Thursday, 8am - 6pm & Friday, 8am - 5pm